Birds are Vertebrates that have feathers. They are warm blooded and reproduce by laying eggs. Birds also are unique because the majority of birds have the ability to fly, unlike many other animals.
- The largest bird is the Ostrich.
- There are 9,865 known species of birds.
- Many scientists believe that birds evolved from dinosaurs, because of the similar skeletal structure.
- Birds bones are hollow.
- Penguins, ostriches, as well as domesticated chickens and ducks are known as flightless birds because they lack the ability to fly.
- The largest cell is an ostrich egg.